POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Failing entries : Re: Failing entries Server Time
2 May 2024 02:59:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failing entries
From: bongotastic
Date: 6 May 2004 20:59:54
Message: <409adf8a$1@news.povray.org>
Well,

Commercial packages offers a baseline in qualities that requires a fair
amount of skill to match using do-it yourself, free software tactics. It
makes me a bit sad to see textures that look so good consistently coming out
of 3D studio pictures while I spend litterally hours to get a texture that
is about right on povray.

However, this is not the point I want to make.

The IRTC is an "open" competition, entried that are submitted without an
archive and without a comment should be dealt with accordingly at the
judging phase, whatever is the tool used. The IRTC folks could make the
rules more strick on the "openness" if they want but I think the weigth is
largely in the hands of the judges, us. Specifically, ther is one entry (for
which no comments are provided) in this round that is most likely a
composite of a real picture and a model, visiting the web-site of the
creator should help the judges to make their own mind.

Cheers,

Christian

The raytracing page is in the making: www.cs.dal.ca/~cblouin/Blouin/